Who should attend
Anyone who wants to improve their writing skills for all types of documents and brush up their use of grammar and punctuation.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate a practical understanding of the essentials of grammar, punctuation and use of language
- Tackle a range of writing tasks with increased skills and confidence
- Produce written documents that are clear, concise, well structured and achieve the desired results
- Choose the right language, tone and degree of formality for different purposes
- Pros and cons of written communication and its importance at work
- Purposes of writing and different types of document
- Identifying common pitfalls and problem with written communication
- Refresher on grammar and punctuation with practical exercises
- Essential stages of writing and important questions to consider
- Tips for getting rid off writer’s block
- Planning and structuring with the purpose and readers in mind
- Constructing sentences with the right balance and emphasis
- Choosing language for clarity and to create the right tone
- Writing emails and awareness of email etiquette
- Practical writing exercises followed by feedback and discussion
- Personal action notes
This course will be run at the Edinburgh Training and Conference Venue, which is situated in the centre of Edinburgh, just 5 minutes walk from Waverley Station and close to major bus routes, including the airport bus. Discounted parking is available at the St John's Hill NCP Car Park. Our training rooms are light and spacious, all are air conditioned with natural daylight.
Complimentary breakfast and lunch will provided, as well as tea and coffee throughout the day. If you've got any special dietary requirements just let us know, ideally in advance, and we will be pleased to cater for them. Our team will be there on the day to make sure everything goes smoothly. If there's anything you need please ask, because "If we Can we Will".