Certified EU General Data Protection Regulation Foundation (GDPR) Training Course
Who will the Course Benefit?
- Individuals with a basic knowledge of data protection regulation and practices, and looking to develop their career with a professional qualification.
- Business directors or managers who want to understand how the requirements of the GDPR will affect their organisation.
- Managers involved in or responsible for GDPR compliance, such as:
- Privacy managers
- Data protection managers
- Information security managers
- IT managers
The one-day Certified EU General Data Protection Regulation Foundation (GDPR) Training Course provides a comprehensive introduction to the EU GDPR, and a practical understanding of the implications and legal requirements for organisations of any size. The course is a stepping stone to the Certified EU GDPR Practitioner course.
Delivered by an experienced privacy consultant, this training session is built on the foundations of our extensive practical experience gained advising on compliance with data privacy laws and related information security standards, such as ISO 27001.
The course will give you a clear understanding of the main elements of the GDPR, with the ability to gain a deeper understanding by asking the trainer questions during the training.
The course will cover:
- Bands of penalties and range of awards for breaches
- Lawfulness of processing and consent
- The six data protection principles
- Special categories of personal data
- The rights of data subjects, including data access requests
- Controllers and processors
- Data protection by design
- Securing personal data
- Reporting data breaches
- How to perform a data protection impact assessment (DPIA)
- The role of the data protection officer (DPO)
- Transferring personal data outside the EU
- Certification against GDPR
- The powers of supervisory authorities
- Lead supervisory authorities
- The role of the European Data Protection Board (EDPB)
Delegates take the EU GDPR F examination at the end of the course – a 60-minute, multiple-choice, ISO 17024-certificated exam set by IBITGQ. There is no extra charge for this exam.
There are no pre-requisites for sitting this course.
Call James now on 0131 625 7151 to get a full detailed course description and next available dates.
This course will be run at the Edinburgh Training and Conference Venue, which is situated in the centre of Edinburgh, just 5 minutes walk from Waverley Station and close to major bus routes, including the airport bus. Discounted parking is available at the St John's Hill NCP Car Park. Our training rooms are light and spacious, all are air conditioned with natural daylight.
Complimentary breakfast and lunch will provided, as well as tea and coffee throughout the day. If you've got any special dietary requirements just let us know, ideally in advance, and we will be pleased to cater for them. Our team will be there on the day to make sure everything goes smoothly. If there's anything you need please ask, because "If we Can we Will".