Certified EU General Data Protection Regulation Practitioner (GDPR) Training Course
Who will the Course Benefit?
Managers with responsibility or involvement for making sure their organisations become GDPR compliant, such as:
- Privacy managers
- Data protection managers
- Risk and compliance managers
- Information security managers
This four-day Certified EU General Data Protection Regulation Practitioner (GDPR) Training Course focuses on the application of the Regulation, how the data protection principles work in practice, the policies and procedures necessary, and practical guidance on how to implement an effective privacy and information security compliance programme.
The training delves into the detail of the GDPR, covering how each aspect of the Regulation can be translated into implantation actions in your organisation. You’ll be given the use of tools and real-life examples in order to understand how the Regulation applies in real-world context.
The course will cover:
- The role of the data protection officer (DPO).
- What constitutes personal data.
- Accountability, the privacy compliance framework and a personal information management system (PIMS).
- Lessons to be learned from common data security failures.
- The six data protection principles – how to apply them and demonstrate compliance.
- The security of personal data.
- An organisational risk management framework.
- Legal requirements for a DPIA.
- How to conduct a DPIA with a DPIA tool.
- Why and how to conduct a data mapping exercise.
- The rights of data subjects.
- Giving and withdrawing consent.
- Handling data subject access requests (DSARs).
- The roles of controllers and processors, and the relationships between them.
- Transferring personal data outside the EU and the mechanisms for compliance.
- How to become GDPR compliant using a compliance gap assessment tool.
All attendees will take the EU GDPR P exam at the end of the course – a 90-minute, multiple-choice, ISO 17024-certificated exam set by IBITGQ. There is no extra charge for this exam.
The EU GDPR Practitioner training course supports professional development, and delegates who pass the included exam are awarded the ISO 17024-certificated EU GDPR Practitioner (EU GDPR P) qualification by IBITGQ. It is also certificated by the Institute of Information Security Professionals (IISP) and satisfies the IISP Skills Framework requirements at Level 1: A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, B2 and C3.
Before joining this course, you must have knowledge of the EU GDPR and have passed the Certified EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Foundation examination.
Call James now on 0131 625 7151 to get a full detailed course description and next available dates.
This course will be run at the Edinburgh Training and Conference Venue, which is situated in the centre of Edinburgh, just 5 minutes walk from Waverley Station and close to major bus routes, including the airport bus. Discounted parking is available at the St John's Hill NCP Car Park. Our training rooms are light and spacious, all are air conditioned with natural daylight.
Complimentary breakfast and lunch will provided, as well as tea and coffee throughout the day. If you've got any special dietary requirements just let us know, ideally in advance, and we will be pleased to cater for them. Our team will be there on the day to make sure everything goes smoothly. If there's anything you need please ask, because "If we Can we Will".