Data Protection Act 2018 Training Course
Who will the Course Benefit?
Those responsible for GDPR and data protection compliance, such as:
- Risk and compliance managers
- Privacy managers
- Data protection managers
- Information security managers
The DPA (Data Protection Act) 2018 came into effect on 25 May 2018. It incorporates the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) into UK law and replaces the DPA 1998. This course provides a comprehensive introduction to the DPA 2018 and covers the similarities and differences between the DPA 2018 and the GDPR.
This course covers the DPA 2018 and the GDPR; and how the Brexit draft regulations, or a no deal Brexit, will affect data protection in your organisation.
The course will cover:
- Understand the differences between the DPA 1998, the GDPR and the DPA 2018.
- Know when and how to process special categories of personal data relating to criminal convictions or offences.
- Understand the obligations placed on data controllers and processors in relation to law enforcement and intelligence.
- Describe the rights that a data subject has in relation to their personal data.
- Explain how personal data can be transferred securely to a third country.
- List the functions and roles of the Information Commissioner.
- Describe the rights and obligations of the Information Commissioner.
- What implications the Brexit draft regulations or a no deal Brexit will have on data protection.
You must have as a minimum, the GPDR Foundation knowledge either covered in our GDPR Foundation training course or delivered by another provider.
Call James now on 0131 625 7151 to get a full detailed course description and next available dates.
This course will be run at the Edinburgh Training and Conference Venue, which is situated in the centre of Edinburgh, just 5 minutes walk from Waverley Station and close to major bus routes, including the airport bus. Discounted parking is available at the St John's Hill NCP Car Park. Our training rooms are light and spacious, all are air conditioned with natural daylight.
Complimentary breakfast and lunch will provided, as well as tea and coffee throughout the day. If you've got any special dietary requirements just let us know, ideally in advance, and we will be pleased to cater for them. Our team will be there on the day to make sure everything goes smoothly. If there's anything you need please ask, because "If we Can we Will".