Join our team
Join us and you’ll be working right in the heart of Edinburgh’s old town, five minutes walk from Waverley Train Station.
You’ll be part of a team hosting up to 16 events a day, each with 2 to 200 people.
We have a genuine desire to make every event successful, both for the leaders and the delegates.
Our motto is “If we can, we will” and every member of our team does exactly that!
Do you enjoy delighting customers? We want to hear from you!
Sales & Marketing Manager
The Edinburgh Training and Conference Venue is Scotland’s largest independent venue with a well established blue chip client base, as well as a large number of smaller clients. Established for over 15 years we offer bespoke conferencing facilities for meetings, video conferencing, IT training and seminars all based in a city centre location.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Sales Manager to further build the business to the next level by growing existing accounts and developing new ones.
Competitive salary and an attractive benefits package including a generous commission scheme.
Reporting directly to the MD your key responsibilities include:
- Developing a sales strategy and plan to achieve step change in the sales target.
- Recruiting, training, coaching and managing the sales and sales support team.
- Ensuring delivery of the sales number.
- As a senior manager, contributing to the wider development of the company.
Experience, skills and qualifications required:
You will have:
- Proven sales experience at a senior level.
- Experience of developing, gaining buy-in and executing a sales plan.
- Experience of managing and coaching a sales and support team.
- A structured and systemised approach to professional selling.
The ideal candidate will be a strategist and a leader, able to help steer the company in the most profitable direction, while also implementing its sales vision, mission and long term goals. Strong sales management skills will also be essential, as will financial acumen as well as a demonstrated ability to execute the company’s business strategies in order to attain the goals of the owners and shareholders.
If this role interests and excites you, please send your CV with an accompanying letter to the
Managing Director, Mike Glaire, explaining why you are the best candidate for this role: