Trainer Tip – Spaghetti and Marshmallow Tower
This simple and fun, twenty-minute icebreaker challenge will work well with any size of group and can easily be tweaked to work as an in-course exercise for leadership, team building, communication skills, problem solving and many more.
- Split your group into teams of up to four people.
- Brief the groups that they will have 15 minutes to build the tallest structure they can, using only spaghetti and marshmallows. Let them know that they can break the spaghetti if they wish but they cannot break the marshmallows … or eat them!
- Before you hand out the materials, give teams five minutes of planning time.
- When the planning time is over, provide each group with one packet of spaghetti and one packet of marshmallows (not the tiny ones) and teams can start!
- When the time is up, measure the towers with a ruler or tape measure to see which team is the winner.
You may like to have a prize for the winning team.
Thanks to Hiddendoor.com for this icebreaker.