Trainer Tip – Sweet Love!
This colourful, 20-minute icebreaker will help your delegates get to know each other in a fun and easy way. It works best when the group size is limited to 12, so if you have more than 12, divide the larger group and run the icebreaker within the smaller sized groups.
Materials Required: Sweets that include a good variety of colours like M & M’s, Skittles or Smarties. You’ll also need a whiteboard.
Set Up: Purchase several packs of sweets, enough for each person to be able to have at least five pieces. If you wish, you could put them into a bowl.
- Pass around the sweets and ask each delegate to choose five sweets, but not to eat them yet.
- On the whiteboard, write what each colour means:
- Red – Favourite place on earth
- Green – Favourite hobbies
- Blue – Favourite food
- Yellow – Dream job
- Purple – Favourite way to revive yourself doing the workday
- Orange – Wildcard – tell us anything about yourself
- Ask each delegate in turn to introduce themselves with their name and then to share one fact about themselves for each colour sweet they have. If they have two or more of the same colour, they can simply reveal additional facts for that colour.
If you don’t have the colours listed, change your list of meanings to match the sweets that you have.
Here are some other ideas for your list: Favourite memory, Life goal you’re working on, Favourite book or movie, One thing you love about your job, One stressful thing about your job you wish you could improve.
If any of your delegates are watching what they eat, they can choose not throw their sweets in the bin after the game.
Thanks go to icebreakers.ws for this tip.