Who will the Course Benefit?
- Individuals with a basic knowledge of data protection regulation and practices, and looking to develop their career with a professional qualification.
- Business directors or managers who want to understand how the requirements of the GDPR will affect their organisation.
- Managers involved in or responsible for GDPR compliance, such as:
- Privacy managers
- Data protection managers
- Information security managers
- IT managers
The one-day Certified EU General Data Protection Regulation Foundation (GDPR) Training Course provides a comprehensive introduction to the EU GDPR, and a practical understanding of the implications and legal requirements for organisations of any size. The course is a stepping stone to the Certified EU GDPR Practitioner course.
Delivered by an experienced privacy consultant, this training session is built on the foundations of our extensive practical experience gained advising on compliance with data privacy laws and related information security standards, such as ISO 27001.
The course will give you a clear understanding of the main elements of the GDPR, with the ability to gain a deeper understanding by asking the trainer questions during the training.
The course will cover:
- Bands of penalties and range of awards for breaches
- Lawfulness of processing and consent
- The six data protection principles
- Special categories of personal data
- The rights of data subjects, including data access requests
- Controllers and processors
- Data protection by design
- Securing personal data
- Reporting data breaches
- How to perform a data protection impact assessment (DPIA)
- The role of the data protection officer (DPO)
- Transferring personal data outside the EU
- Certification against GDPR
- The powers of supervisory authorities
- Lead supervisory authorities
- The role of the European Data Protection Board (EDPB)
Delegates take the EU GDPR F examination at the end of the course – a 60-minute, multiple-choice, ISO 17024-certificated exam set by IBITGQ. There is no extra charge for this exam.
There are no pre-requisites for sitting this course.