Who will the Course Benefit?
IT professionals who wish to develop a career in information security management. Existing IT managers who want to enhance their information security knowledge to ensure that information security management and controls are adequately implemented in their organisation.
CISMP is an established and internationally recognised Foundation-level qualification that demonstrates a good knowledge of information security management.
Accredited by The Chartered Institute for IT (BCS) and delivered by an experienced cyber security consultant, our five-day training course prepares you for the CISMP exam – held on the final day of the course – and enables you to put your new knowledge and skills to work instantly.
CISMP is acknowledged across the UK and is approved by the government in the Certified Professional (CCP) training scheme.
Attendees gain a solid understanding of risk management, technical controls, legal frameworks, physical security, international standards and business continuity.
This course will cover:
- The concepts relating to information security management, including: confidentiality, integrity and availability (CIA); vulnerabilities and threats; risks; and countermeasures;
- The current national legislation and regulations that affect information security management;
- The current national and international standards (such as ISO 27001), frameworks and organisations that facilitate the management of information security;
- The current business and common technical environments in which information security management has to operate;
- The categorisation, operation and effectiveness of controls of different types and characteristics.
BCS Foundation Certificate in Information Security Management Principles. This is a two-hour multiple-choice online exam, consisting of 100 questions. The exam is taken via the BCS E-Professional Portal at the end of day 5. Candidates need to achieve a minimum of 65 out of 100 to pass, and 80 out of 100 to gain a distinction.
This qualification is recognised across the UK as an essential first step on the ladder to a successful information security career and is approved by the UK government and the MOD in the CCP scheme.
Although there are no formal entry requirements, we assume that all attendees have some IT knowledge.