Who should attend
Anyone who wants to gain some insight into why people behave in challenging ways and learn strategies for dealing with difficult behaviour in a professional and confident manner.
Awkward customers. Pushy colleagues. Meddlesome managers. Difficult behaviour can manifest itself in many ways in the workplace. The stress it causes can be harmful to the extent of illness and takes its toll on productivity.
Participants will learn how to adopt a position of power to be more assertive in these difficult situations and get the desired outcomes without getting drawn into emotional exchanges.
This course covers strategies and techniques to manage difficult people and behaviour, producing positive outcomes and individuals will learn about a range of communication techniques from tone to body language as well as our wording.
Individuals will be shown:
- possible causes and effects of difficult behaviour
- how to assess their own abilities and effectiveness at dealing with difficult people
- awareness of own triggers and responses
- options for dealing with conflict along with pros and cons
- issues from the other person’s perspectiveI
- essential steps when faced with having difficult conversations
By the end of the course, participants will have a new perspective to look at their situations from different points of view to approach difficult people more confidently and effectively.