Who will the Course Benefit?
Anyone who wishes to be both more effective and more influential in the workplace.
This course is designed for those who wish to improve their level of personal effectiveness in the workplace. It aims to increase participants self awareness of their own behaviour and the impact these behaviours have on others.
Would you like to:
- Improve your performance and effectiveness at work?
- Get the best from yourself and others?
- Become more productive, more assertive, more confident, more influential, more persuasive, and manage your time better?
- Understand your own and other people’s behaviours and working styles, so that you can work more effectively with them?
- Understand why communication sometimes goes so wrong?
- Improve working relationships?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of the above, this Personal Effectiveness course is for you – either as an individual, or as a team.
What the delegates will gain from the course:
- First impressions and their importance
- The relationship between values, attitudes, beliefs and behaviours
- How our beliefs influence others’ perception of us
- Communication – styles and psychology
- Emotional Intelligence
- The role of assertive behaviour as a business skill Influencing skills
09.30 Introductions and course objectives:
What do you want to achieve today? An opportunity for delegates to add their own objectives to the day.
The rest of the day will be flexible around the needs of delegates, but the following is a typical day:
What does ‘personal effectiveness’ mean to you? What do you achieve by it? What are the benefits to you, your colleagues and your business?
10.45 Image and why it is important.
Why you never get a second chance to make a first impression. How others see us. How the four areas of ‘self’ affect communication
The relationship between attitude, skills and knowledge.
Coffee / Tea
Exploring our own values, attitudes, beliefs and behaviours.
Self-esteem and behaviour.
What drives your behaviour and your motivation?
What drives others?
Communicating successfully – how to have
effective communications, how to improve your
Understanding why it sometimes goes wrong
Managing emotions in self / others
13.15 Assertiveness as a business skill
Managing your time to be most effective
14.30 Tea / coffee
Exercise – how we are influenced and how we influence others
Summary and Action Plans Agreed
16.00 Evaluation and Close?