Looking for somewhere to hold a mediation can be challenging, but it doesn’t have to be. A venue should help contribute to the success of your mediation so it is vital to find a mediation centre that suits you.
Frequently, parties come together to meet in the middle of Scotland’s capital to resolve issues in our dispute resolution venue. With a city centre location and excellent public transport links, the Edinburgh Training and Conference Venue has great facilities for mediations, arbitrations, tribunals and depositions.
Understandably, the mediation process must be in a neutral environment and free from bias. That is why we provide an alternative to a business premises or solicitors office setting by offering a neutral venue that can be agreed by all parties and is easily accessible.
One large meeting room will be set up typically in a boardroom layout to comfortably seat the total number of attendees, but the room can be set up in any way you prefer. This room will also be the base for the mediator(s) on the day.
A small side room will be set up for each party that can be laid out however you would like. Both of these rooms will have a flipchart, pens and a table of refreshments. Understandably it can be a difficult time for both parties so box of tissues is provided in all rooms.
The three rooms will be on the same floor unless specified, however, the two small private rooms will be at opposite ends of the building to ensure the utmost privacy.
Catering and Refreshments
Catering options are available which can be discussed during the booking process. We can arrange for attendees to have a table of tea, coffee, water and biscuits set up in each individual room that can be topped up at the most suitable times.
A buffet lunch including an assortment of sandwiches and wraps – with the consideration of dietary requirements – together with fruit/home baking/fresh juice can be delivered to each of the three individual rooms at times to be agreed on the day.
What we can do for you:
- With a variety of small & medium meeting rooms spread over three floors, there is plenty of scope for participants representing different sides to have a discreet setting.
- Your parties will be met at reception and shown directly to their room, we do this to avoid the individuals involved encountering each other before the meeting begins.
- Every room has access to a projector if you need it.
- A refreshments table can be set up in separate rooms, similarly, buffets are self-contained to avoid parties clashing.
- There are arrangements in place with nearby hotels and apartments that offer a small discount if accommodation is required.
- We make sure that both waiting rooms are at separate wings of the Venue with the added ability for one party to only use the stairs and the other the lift to minimise the chance of parties meeting.
Availability of facilities
We appreciate that mediations may go on longer than anticipated, but rest assured, we are able to facilitate your stay for as long and late as is needed. Likewise, rooms can be available from as early as you require them as the Venue is open 24/7, just let us know in advance so that someone is always on hand to look after you.