Who should attend
Managers, team leaders and others who spend a high proportion of their time at meetings.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Identify factors that contribute to the effectiveness of meetings
- Explain the roles and responsibilities of the Chairperson
- Prepare for, compile and structure agendas
- Use techniques for making meetings more stimulating and productive
- Chair meetings effectively and deal with behavioural issues that arise
- Make contributions at meetings assertively, calmly and at the right tim
- Definitions and purposes of meetings
- Reviewing the effectiveness of meetings and typical problems that occur
- Role and responsibilities of the Chairperson
- How to create agendas that are more than a ‘shopping list’
- Overview of the skills required for effective chairing
- Non-verbal communication
- How to contribute with confidence and influence others
- Exploring the behavioural aspects of meetings
- Roles people play at meetings and how to deal with them constructively
- Techniques to kick start meetings and stimulate ideas
- Tips for keeping up momentum at meetings and making sure they are productive
- Practical meetings followed by feedback and discussion
- Personal action notes
This course will be run at the Edinburgh Training and Conference Venue, which is situated in the centre of Edinburgh, just 5 minutes walk from Waverley Station and close to major bus routes, including the airport bus. Discounted parking is available at the St John's Hill NCP Car Park. Our training rooms are light and spacious, all are air conditioned with natural daylight.
Complimentary breakfast and lunch will provided, as well as tea and coffee throughout the day. If you've got any special dietary requirements just let us know, ideally in advance, and we will be pleased to cater for them. Our team will be there on the day to make sure everything goes smoothly. If there's anything you need please ask, because "If we Can we Will".