What is this document ?
Who are we?
Edinburgh Training Centre Ltd is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Our registration number is ZA055798 .
How and on what basis do we collect, hold, use and/or process personal information?
- processed lawfully, fairly and transparently
- collected for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purpose of the processing
- kept accurate and up to date
- only kept for so long as is necessary
- processed securely using appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure integrity and confidentiality
For us, the lawful basis which we rely on will fall into one of the following:
- Contractual performance: where we process your personal information for contractual performance. This includes enabling us to take steps you request prior to us entering into a contract; and then once we have entered into a contract, to enable us to perform the contract and to provide you our venue services.
- Legitimate interests: where we process your personal information for our legitimate interests. We are a commercial organisation engaged in the provision of venue space and services. We have an interest in promoting, marketing and selling the space and services. Where we process your personal information for our interests we will do so only where we have carefully considered both our and your interests. We will not process your personal information if our interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
- Consent: where we rely solely on your consent to process your personal information. There may be circumstances where we need to or are required to obtain and/or rely upon your consent to process your personal information. If this is the case we will give you:
- the reason for needing your consent, including details as to how we will process your information
- the choice as to whether to provide consent
- information to enable you to withdraw your consent
Why do we process personal information and how do we process it?
Further information on these is set out below:
|Example||Lawful Basis for processing|
|You are a customer||We will have entered into a contract with you in order to provide you with services.|
|You use our website||To help inform you of our services. Where we process your information, we will do so with your consent|
|You visit the venue||The legitimate interests for processing information when you visit our venue is to ensure your security and safety during the visit|
|You apply for a job with us||The legitimate interests for processing information you provide us is to facilitate your application for employment|
|You contact us||The legitimate interests for processing information you provide us when you contact us on a specific enquiry is to enable us to address your query|
|If you are a supplier||We will have entered into a contract with you in order for you to supply us with products, goods or services|
How do we process personal information?
|Example||Where is the personal information captured|
|Where you are a customer|
|If you use our website|
|When you attend one of our events|
|If you visit our offices|
|If you apply for a job with us|
|If you are contacting us|
What personal information do we process?
For delegates on events we may process dietary information.
For job applicants we may process date of birth; previous employer.
We do not process any sensitive personal information about you. You should not provide us with any sensitive personal information or personal information for anybody under 16 years of age. Any sensitive personal information provided to us will be deleted.
If you wish to store or print sensitive personal information as part of your use of the venue, for example a tribunal, we will work with you to provide you with the facilities for you to securely store and print sensitive personal information.
The only Organisations with whom we may share your personal information are:
- Those whom we use for our back-office systems, for the purpose of hosting those back-office systems. We will have researched to ensure that such systems fully comply with the all the GDPR requirements.
- We use a third party provider, Constant Contact, to deliver our quarterly e-newsletters. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to monitor and improve our e-newsletter. Constant Contact complies with GDPR regulations.
- We use a third party provider, Survey Monkey to deliver our surveys. We gather information to help us improve our service levels, improve our offering and organise events. Survey Monkey complies with GDPR regulations.
Unless legally required to do so, we will not share your personal information with any other organisation without your consent.
If we need your consent we will:
- explain why we need to share your personal information
- explain the purpose for which we will be sharing it
- provide you with details of the third party
- obtain your explicit consent for such
You will be able to easily withdraw your consent in the same way in which you gave it.
How long do we keep your personal information?
- In all cases we will only keep your personal information for as long as we have a lawful basis for processing it.
- Where you enter into a contract and/or place an order, we will keep your information for the duration of the contract and/or order, and thereafter for such period as we are required by law (to comply with financial legislation), or for so long as is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- Where you have made a general or specific enquiry but have not entered into a contract or placed an order with us, we will keep your information until that enquiry is resolved.
- Where you have expressly consented to and/or subscribed to marketing, newsletters, events information or to any other form of communication, we will keep your information only whilst your consent and/or subscription is valid.
Where we no longer need your information and no longer have a basis for keeping it, we will delete it within 6 months.
How do we secure your personal data?
Your rights; including your right to object and right to withdraw consent
In summary, your rights include the right to:
- Basic information (such as our identity, or that of the controller if not us, the reason and basis on which we process your personal data, together with as much information to ensure fairness and transparency) and to be informed
- Object: to object to processing of personal data where such is done by us in certain circumstances, for example for our legitimate interests or direct marketing
- Withdraw consent: to withdraw your previously given consent
- Access: to request a copy of your personal data
- Rectification: to correct personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- Erasure: to request the removal or deletion of personal data
- Restrict processing: to restrict the processing of personal data
- Data portability: to obtain and reuse personal data
If you wish to object or to withdraw consent, please contact us using one of the ways shown in the Contact Us section below. Please note that
In addition, where we have sent you a marketing email, we will have provided an ‘unsubscribe’ or ‘set your preferences’ or ‘opt-out’ link which you can use to stop any future marketing communications.
If you wish to see a copy of your personal data held by us, please contact us using one of the ways shown in the Contact Us section below. Please note that we may require ID to confirm your identity. We will provide a copy of your personal data within one month of your request.
Concerns or complaint?
- E-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone us on: 0131 538 8333
- Write to us at : Edinburgh Training Centre Ltd 16 St Mary’s Street, EDINBURGH EH1 1SU.
This document was last updated on the 24th May 2018.