Managing Cyber Security Risk Training Course
Who will the Course Benefit?
This course is aimed at IT Security Managers, IT Consultants, IT Auditors, IT Risk managers and anyone interested in the field of cyber security:
- Senior directors (CEO, CIO, CSO, CISO) who requires cyber security knowledge
- IT managers responsible for delivering cyber security risk management
- Security Analyst/ Engineer/ Architect
Modern organisations face the constant threat of cyber attack. Creating an effective cyber risk strategy to mitigate the risk of cyber crime is the only way to ensure your survival, but cyber security management can be complex and costly. With so many standards, best practices and technical controls to choose from, how do you get started on your plan?
The three-day Managing Cyber Security Risk classroom training course builds on basic foundation-level knowledge of information security management practices to equip practitioners with the expertise to manage cyber security risk and meet compliance objectives in organisations of any size. It also supports professional development: delegates who pass the included exam are awarded the ISO 17024-certificated Managing Cyber Security Risk (CCRMP) qualification by IBITGQ.
Drawing on real-life case studies, an experienced senior information risk consultant will provide you with insights to enable you to create a blueprint for a plan that not only includes the implementation of technical measures (controls) but also takes into account the people, processes, governance, leadership and culture in your organisation.
This course will cover:
- The nature of cyber risk and types of cyber attack.
- The difference between cyber security and cyber resilience.
- Practical lessons with examples of real cyber breaches.
- An understanding of current cyber security standards and best practices:
- The role and the importance of people, processes and technology.
- Approaches to risk management, cyber incident response and business continuity.
- How ISO 27001 provides a backbone for protecting your organisation.
- Why ISO 22301 is essential to achieving cyber resilience in the event of an attack.
This course will prepare you for the Managing Cyber Security Risk (CCRMP) examination, which takes place on the last day of the training programme.
Successful candidates will be awarded the Managing Cyber Security Risk (CCRMP) qualification, issued by the International Board for IT Governance Qualifications (IBITGQ). There is no extra charge for taking the exam at the end of the course.
While there are no formal entry requirements, all delegates are expected to have a practical understanding of information security.
Call James now on 0131 625 7151 to get a full detailed course description and next available dates.
This course will be run at the Edinburgh Training and Conference Venue, which is situated in the centre of Edinburgh, just 5 minutes walk from Waverley Station and close to major bus routes, including the airport bus. Discounted parking is available at the St John's Hill NCP Car Park. Our training rooms are light and spacious, all are air conditioned with natural daylight.
Complimentary breakfast and lunch will provided, as well as tea and coffee throughout the day. If you've got any special dietary requirements just let us know, ideally in advance, and we will be pleased to cater for them. Our team will be there on the day to make sure everything goes smoothly. If there's anything you need please ask, because "If we Can we Will".