Train the Trainer
Who should attend
Anyone who delivers workplace training sessions or inductions.
More in depth courses are available for those with a broader training remit.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Design and deliver training sessions to meet identified needs and objectives
- Apply the key principles of learning to the design and delivery of training
- Create a positive learning climate through the use of various strategies
- Use questioning techniques to encourage participation
- Give constructive feedback that promotes learning and builds confidence
- Deal effectively with difficult situations and individuals
- Evaluate training through different methods and maximise transfer of learning
- Training in the work context
- Overview of the systematic training cycle and what happens at each stage
- Key principles of how and why adults learn
- The importance of having clear objectives and how to set them
- How to structure a well balanced training session
- Using questions, visual aids and body language to facilitate learning
- How to design and run group activities successfully
- Techniques for building rapport with groups and individuals
- How to keep learners interested and maintain momentum
- Understanding group behaviour and how to deal with difficult situations and individuals
- Evaluation methods and maximising transfer of learning to the workplace
- Delivery of pre-prepared training sessions followed by review and feedback
- Personal action notes
This course will be run at the Edinburgh Training and Conference Venue, which is situated in the centre of Edinburgh, just 5 minutes walk from Waverley Station and close to major bus routes, including the airport bus. Discounted parking is available at the St John's Hill NCP Car Park. Our training rooms are light and spacious, all are air conditioned with natural daylight.
Complimentary breakfast and lunch will provided, as well as tea and coffee throughout the day. If you've got any special dietary requirements just let us know, ideally in advance, and we will be pleased to cater for them. Our team will be there on the day to make sure everything goes smoothly. If there's anything you need please ask, because "If we Can we Will".