Join our team
Join us and you’ll be working right in the heart of Edinburgh’s old town, five minutes walk from Waverley Train Station.
You’ll be part of a team hosting up to 16 events a day, each with 2 to 200 people.
We have a genuine desire to make every event successful, both for the leaders and the delegates.
Our motto is “If we can, we will” and every member of our team does exactly that!
Do you enjoy delighting customers? We want to hear from you!
Assistant Operations Manager
The Edinburgh Training and Conference Venue is Scotland’s largest independent venue with a well established blue chip client base, as well as a large number of smaller clients. Established for over 15 years we offer bespoke conferencing facilities for meetings, video conferencing, IT training and seminars all based in a city center location.
Are you an events operations professional seeking a new challenge? Do you enjoy the opportunity to showcase your problem solving and organisation skills? Are you skilled at juggling a variety of responsibilities and thrive in a fast paced environment? If so, this job could be ideal for you!
We are now recruiting for a skilled and experienced Assistant Operations Manager to join the team in one of Edinburgh’s premier conference venues. In this role, you will have the opportunity to challenge yourself with a wide range of responsibilities both for delegates and direct reports.
If you like a challenging and fast paced environment then then this role could be ideal for you.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager your key responsibilities include:
- Supervision of a team of 6-8 operations team members in place of the Operations Manager.
- Ensuring that conference spaces are set up and maintained to standard.
- Acting as the face of the company to clients, and ensuring that their requests are carried out efficiently.
- Maintaining a culture of total customer focus among the staff.
- Ensuring that any issues are handled quickly and in a professional manner.
- Ensuring that AV and networking equipment is available and operational.
- Management of clients’ schedules and adjusting these where necessary.
Experience, skills and qualifications required:
For this role you need:
- Experience supervising direct reports in a fast paced and customer facing environment.
- Ideally operations experience in a conference venue, or similar environment.
- Knowledge of hardware troubleshooting, including ideally AV equipment, connectivity issues, as well as general facilities upkeep.
- Able to think on your feet and think of creative solutions to complex problems.
- Customer focus, and a can-do attitude.
- Keen attention to detail, and very high presentation and customer service standards.
If this role interests and excites you, please send your CV with an accompanying letter to the
Operations Manager, Nicoya Whiteman, explaining why you are the best candidate for this role: